Once the object has been constructed, I have a tendency to rediscover in it, transformed and displaced, images, impressions, facts which have deeply moved me (often without my knowing it).
Today, we’re sharing a guided meditation focused on movement inspired by Alberto Giacometti’s Walking Man I. Follow along with audio or the text below.
Step-by-Step Walking Meditation
- Find a place where you have room to move freely.
- Observe how the figure is standing and position yourself in a similar way, with the right leg in front.
- Notice the sensations in your body in this stance.
- Do you sense any tension in your body? Breathe deeply. Slowly release the tension you are holding.
- Transform the position by slowly lifting your back leg and taking a step forward, so that you are standing with the opposite leg in front.
- Repeat steps 3–5 as you slowly take 10 more mindful steps.