“Big ideas don't make themselves known as big. They begin with the little, ridiculous ideas that most people would discard or reject. Every successful picture I've done has really been based on taking a very flimsy, fleeting little idea, grabbing hold of it, and taking it seriously.”
Take a moment to sharpen your senses with this visualization meditation inspired by flower by Wolfgang Tillmans.
Follow along with the audio or text below.
- Take a few moments to look at this photograph.
- Bring your attention to the contrast of the white flower against the dark background.
- Imagine the journey of this single flower: beginning as a single seed that was nurtured by nature, until eventually blooming into a beautiful flower.
- Close your eyes and think of an area where you want to grow in your life.
- Allow yourself to follow any small idea you have, knowing that every new idea must start somewhere.
- Visualize your idea as a small seed. Plant the seed now so the idea can blossom into something larger. See yourself nurturing this seed, feeding it so that it can grow into a beautiful flower.
- Continue like this, visualizing your idea blossoming. Return to this visualization to build confidence and motivation to follow through with your ideas.
This work is on view in Scaife Gallery C.