Joseph Campbell, American mythologist, writer, and lecturer
“Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls.”
Sharpen your mind’s eye with this guided visualization meditation, paired with Door by Jean Dunand. Follow along with the audio or text below.
- Find a comfortable position to look at this work.
- Notice the intricacies in the wood: the vertical lines at the top of the door, the more subtle horizontal lines across the door, and the flowers at the bottom.
- Consider the way a door can be symbolic of change, through new opportunities.
- Close your eyes and focus your attention on your breath.
- Bring to mind something in your life where you desire change. Notice any emotions that arise as your mind focuses on this thought.
- Now, visualize a door in your mind’s eye.
- Imagine the door is the change you desire in your life. See yourself walking through the doorway to embrace this new change or opportunity.
- Continue to visualize the universe opening new doors of opportunity in your life to develop greater focus and resilience.