I am essentially a painter of the kind of still life composition that communicates a sense of tranquility and privacy, moods which I have always valued above all else.
Take a moment to explore stillness with this guided meditation paired with Giorgio Morandi’s Still Life. Follow along with audio or the text below.
Step-by-Step Meditation on Stillness
- Sit in a comfortable position.
- Observe the objects in the painting, allowing their stillness and tranquility to wash over you.
- While remaining still, slowly trace the outline of each object using only the movement of your eyes.
- Consider the shape and the color of each object. Contemplate how they relate to one another.
- Reflect on the many interpretations of the words “still life.”
- Close your eyes and meditate on the stillness in your body for ten deep breaths.