Edward Elgar, composer
My idea is that there is music in the air, music all around us; the world is full of it, and you simply take as much as you require.
Enjoy this guided meditation paired with Anders L. Zorn’s At the Piano. Follow along with the audio or text below.
Step-by-Step Meditation with Zorn
- Observe the etching for a few deep breaths. Imagine what sounds you might hear coming from the piano in the image.
- Take note of the focus on the musician’s face.
- Now, close your eyes and begin to cultivate that same level of focus on the sounds you hear around you.
- Bring your attention to one sound at a time. You can label the sound if that helps you. Stay with that one sound until you notice a new one.
- Move your attention from one sound to another, remaining in the present moment.
- Use this exercise of focusing on sounds to calm you and stay present throughout your daily life.