Stephen Hawking, physicist
“The past, like the future, is indefinite and exists only as a spectrum of possibilities.”
Reflect on the past year and set intentions for this year with this guided meditation on Andrey Avinoff’s Morpho: Remembrance of Things Past.
- Find a comfortable position to look at this painting.
- Take some time to scan the various objects in the background. Reflect on the last year, imagining the objects that you see as memories from the past.
- As you reflect, think of the positives. What accomplishments did you achieve that you are proud of? How did you succeed and grow?
- Now, focus on the bright colored objects in the foreground as you think of the new year before you. What could these objects represent for you?
- Close your eyes and visualize the spectrum of possibilities in the year ahead. What do you want to create in your life? What steps can you take to bring you closer to your desires?
- Close out this meditation by setting an intention for this year. Write it down on a piece of paper and place it somewhere that you will see daily to remind yourself of your intention as you move throughout the new year.
This work is not on view.