“The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it.”
Take some time and reflect on any challenges you’re facing with our latest guided meditation on overcoming obstacles, inspired by Frederic Edwin Church’s painting The Iceberg.
- Take some time to slow down and look at this work of art.
- Use your eyes to trace the outline of the iceberg.
- Notice the size of the iceberg in comparison to the ship floating in the sea. What does this image seem to communicate to you?
- Close your eyes and connect with your breath. Imagine each inhale and exhale as the gentle ebb and flow of the waves in the sea.
- Continue to breath in this way as you begin to reflect on any obstacles you may be experiencing in your life.
- Visualize these obstacles as icebergs in your sea of consciousness.
- Think of ways you can overcome these obstacles. How can you confront these obstacles and continue to float like the ship in the painting?
- Use this visualization and image as inspiration to overcome obstacles in your life and to build greater confidence and peace.
This work is on view in Scaife Gallery 6