Eckhard Tolle, author and spiritual teacher
“You are the universe expressing itself as a human for a little while.”
Consider the ways you create duality in your everyday life during this guided meditation on non-duality inspired by Luisa Lambri’s photograph of Go Hasegawa’s Chapel in Guastalla.
- Take some time to look at this photograph. Notice the dual nature of this work, one half light and the other half dark.
- Consider the ways you create duality in your everyday life. It could be by labeling things as good or bad or by resisting or clinging to thoughts and ideas.
- In this meditation we will practice freeing the mind of these divisive thoughts and focus on building unity and connection.
- Close your eyes and bring your awareness to your mind and your thoughts. Notice your thoughts and feelings in this moment.
- Now bring your awareness to another person. Imagine what they look like, sound like, and what they are doing. Notice how they are the object of your attention.
- Shift your awareness back and forth between yourself and this person. Notice how your attention moves between subject and object.
- Now bring your awareness to the space between. You can visualize this space as a white light. Focus on this space to break down the barriers between your mind and your thoughts – this space is your true consciousness.
- Continue like this to feel a greater connection to the world around you.