Soon silence will have passed into legend. Man has turned his back on silence. Day after day he invents machines and devices that increase noise and distract humanity from the essence of life, contemplation, meditation.
Enjoy this guided meditation paired with Jean Arp’s Vase (Form Number Four: Amphora of Dreams). Follow along with the audio or text below.
Step-by-Step Meditation on Form
- Take a few moments to contemplate the form of the vase.
- Slowly trace the outline with your eyes taking note of the smoothness of the surface as you follow its contours.
- Imagine yourself walking around this vase. Consider its volume as a three-dimensional object.
- Arp titled this vase form Amphora of Dreams. What might you imagine placing in this vase? What is the essence of the vase?
- Now close your eyes and visualize the form of this vase.
- Breathe deeply as you meditatively trace the contours of the vase in your mind’s eye.
- Continue tracing the vase for as long as you wish, appreciating the silence of the mind during this meditation.