“A work of art is a renewable source of energy.”
Contemplate the power contained in an artwork with this guided meditation on energy, using Untitled 2 by Brice Marden as inspiration.
Follow along with the audio or text below.
- Find a comfortable position to look at this work.
- Breathe deeply and trace the web of lines with your eyes.
- Focus on the different colors: red, blue, orange, and gray.
- How do the different shapes created by the colors and lines transmit a feeling of energy?
- Imagine there is a transfer of energy moving back and forth between you and the painting.
- Continue like this, focusing on the lines, shapes, and colors, to renew your mind and spirit.
This work is on view in Scaife Gallery 15.