It's on the strength of observation and reflection that one finds a way. So we must dig and delve unceasingly.
Enjoy this guided meditation paired with Claude Monet’s Water Lilies (Nymphéas). Follow along with the audio or text below.
Step-by-Step Meditation with Monet
- Breathe deeply while slowly scanning the painting.
- Look at the many details of the painting, observing the different natural forms depicted—lily pads, flowers, water, and grass.
- Change your perspective so you are looking at the entirety of the painting. Notice the nuances of the colors and the depth they create.
- Now, focus your attention inward and notice the feelings that arise as you continue to look at the painting.
- Do you feel calm? Do you feel inspired? Do you feel at peace? Do you feel energized?
- Close your eyes and focus on this emotion as a tool for meditation.
- Continue to contemplate this emotion, connecting with your own emotional landscape, for as long as you like.