Whoever wants to know something about me, they should look attentively at my pictures and there seek to recognize what I am and what I want.
Enjoy this guided meditation paired with Gustav Klimt’s Orchard. Follow along with the audio or text below.
Step-by-Step Meditation with Klimt
- Observe the painting, with attentiveness to the many small details.
- Scan the painting, from the flowers in the foreground to the trees in the background.
- Imagine you are seeing the landscape through the artist’s eyes. Work to cultivate the same level of attention that Klimt must have needed to paint this scene.
- Now, close your eyes and imagine a landscape you are familiar with.
- Imagine you are looking at it with the same level of attention as you used when viewing the painting.
- What details do you notice? What is close to you and what is far away?
- Continue to develop your attention through this visualization for as long as you wish.