“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.”
Fill your cup with positive affirmations during this guided meditation on one Lietzke Porcelain’s cups on view in our Decorative Arts and Design exhibition, Extraordinary Ordinary Things.
- Find a comfortable position to look at this porcelain cup.
- Imagine the cup being filled with a liquid, so much so that it overflows, and the liquid runs down the sides of the cup.
- Now, imagine this liquid is love. Picture the cup being filled with so much love that it starts to pour over the edges and down the sides.
- Close your eyes and visualize your own cup in your mind’s eye.
- Imagine you are filling it up with self-love. Repeat the following phrase: I love and accept who I am in this moment.
- As you continuously repeat this affirmation reflect on all the things you love about yourself.
- Repeat this exercise as often as you need throughout your day to fill back up with self-love. Only when your cup is full can the love run over and be shared with those around you.
This work is on view in Bruce Gallery 19.