Elisabeth Kübler-Ross, Swiss-American psychiatrist and author
People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.
Enjoy this meditation on light, paired with a delicate Tiffany window panel. Follow along with the audio or text below.
- Find a comfortable seated position and take a few moments to observe the window panel.
- Focus on the effect the light has on the panes of glass. Notice the brightness of the light filtering through the lower-left corner, contrasted with the darker right corner.
- Consider how the light has transformed the appearance of the glass.
- Close your eyes and imagine there is a white light shining on you. Visualize the light entering into your body, building energy and warmth, as you release any tension you might be holding.
- Now, imagine there is a light source within you radiating outward. Imagine white light rays moving down your legs, your arms, and out the crown of your head.
- Continue to visualize a white light glowing from within you. Reflect on how this visualization can transform your energy and emotional state.