Mere color, unspoiled by meaning, and unallied with definite form, can speak to the soul in a thousand different ways.
Today we’re sharing a guided meditation focuses on color with a piece titled Erise II by Pavel Hlava. Follow along with audio or the text below.
- Take a few moments to look with intention at the glass sculpture.
- Focus your attention on the blue strip of glass. Notice the different angles and shades created from the light shining through the sculpture.
- Move your attention upward to the green strip. Pause for a few moments, then continue moving your attention upward, stopping at each of the three remaining strips of color.
- Close your eyes. Imagine your own strips of color in your mind’s eye.
- Allow your mind to focus solely on one color. Notice any emotional reaction you might experience from the color you are envisioning. Do not pass judgment on your reaction. Simply acknowledge, move to the next color, and repeat.
- Continue like this, moving from one color to another for as long as you wish.
This artwork is located near the Museum of Art Lobby.