School Group Tours
Looking and Learning Tour
School groups participate in a Looking & Learning tour, an inquiry-based conversational experience that engages students in careful observation, discussion, and interpretation of objects from a variety of time periods and cultures. Students strengthen critical thinking skills by learning to articulate their ideas about what they see, and share those insights with classmates. Looking and Learning tours are customized to meet curriculum goals. Experiences may include writing exercises, tactile learning and making, movement and more.
58th Carnegie International Tours
The Carnegie International is the longest-running North American exhibition of international art, presenting an overview of how art and artists respond to critical questions of our time. School groups may participate in an inquiry-based conversational experience rooted in a contemporary theme of the exhibition. Select a theme when you request a tour. Tours are offered from October 2022 through March 2023.
|Tour Fees||75 or 90 Minutes|
Admission is free for the required chaperone (1) for every 10 students. All materials are included. Program fees include day-long admission to both Carnegie Museum of Art and Carnegie Museum of Natural History.
Schools or universities may qualify for funding to cover both admissions and transportation costs. Apply for a school group scholarship when reserving your group visit.
Please note that the following galleries are temporarily closed, as new things are coming soon!
Reserve Your Visit
To reserve a school group visit, please…
1. Request your visit at least four weeks prior to your intended visit date. Be ready with the following information:
- Select date preferences and alternatives
- Choose arrival and departure times
- Detail group size and grade level
- Detail lunchroom requests
2. You will receive confirmation and payment information by email. Final attendance numbers and payment are due one week in advance of your scheduled visit. A $15 late fee will apply to all payments received after this deadline.
3. When your date is confirmed, you will also receive a digital form to complete in order to finalize program content. Your prompt response is necessary.
Questions? Call the Group Visits Coordinator at 412.622.3289, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.