School Group Tours
Experiences are back in Fall 2021
School groups participate in a Looking & Learning tour, an inquiry-based conversational experience that engages students in careful observation, discussion, and interpretation of objects from a variety of time periods and cultures. Students strengthen critical thinking skills by learning to articulate their ideas about what they see, and share those insights with classmates.
Looking & Learning options include:
- Black Life in Pittsburgh
- Art & Literacy
- Power in Art
- Customized to meet curriculum goals
Experiences may include writing exercises, tactile learning and making, movement, and more.
|Tour Fees||90 Minutes|
Admission is free for the required chaperone (1) for every 10 students. All materials are included. Program fees include day-long admission to both Carnegie Museum of Art and Carnegie Museum of Natural History.
Schools or universities may qualify for funding to cover both admissions and transportation costs. Apply for a school group scholarship when reserving your group visit.
Please note that the following galleries are temporarily closed, as new things are coming soon!
Reserve Your Visit
To reserve a school group visit, please…
1. Request your visit at least four weeks prior to your intended visit date. Be ready with the following information:
- Select date preferences and alternatives
- Choose arrival and departure times
- Detail group size and grade level
- Detail lunchroom requests
2. You will receive confirmation and payment information by email. Final attendance numbers and payment are due one week in advance of your scheduled visit. A $15 late fee will apply to all payments received after this deadline.
3. When your date is confirmed you will also receive a digital form to complete in order to finalize program content. Your prompt response is necessary.
Questions? Call the Group Visits Coordinator at 412.622.3289, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.