Carnegie Museum of Art is pleased to offer eight-week, paid internships for two highly motivated Pittsburgh-area high school students.
Applicants should be curious about and have a keen interest in art and art museums but do not need prior knowledge of how art museums work.
The internships provide on-the-job experience for students who learn from and work alongside museum staff in a variety of professional roles. Interns build skills for future educational opportunities and develop an understanding of art museum careers.
Supported by the August Wilson Legacy Fund of the Pittsburgh Foundation (external link), the internships are open to all high school students, with a preference for African American students.
The positions pay $10 per hour.
- Candidates must be at least sixteen years of age and completing 11th or 12th grade by June 2019.
- Students must be able to work approximately 30 hours per week for eight weeks from June to August 2019.
- Applicants must provide one adult reference* who is not a relative.
- Applications must be received by April 29, 2019
- Finalists will be interviewed in the first week of May
- Candidates will be notified by May 8, 2019
*Please ask an adult who is not a relative (such as a teacher, coach, mentor, boss) to complete our reference form. It is the candidate’s responsibility to make sure that the reference is submitted by April 29, 2019.
Applications and References must be received by April 29, 2019 for consideration in the summer internship program.
Teen Internship Application
For questions or more information, please email email@example.com.