Search for the Real Art Cat: Official Rules
- Eligibility:The Carnegie Museum of Art Search for the Real Art Cat Contest (“Contest”) is open to persons who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of their entry. Employees of Sponsor, as well as the immediate family of Sponsor’s employees (spouse, parents, siblings and children) are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Entry in the Contest constitutes the Participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning any of the prizes is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sponsor: Carnegie Museum of Art, a component of Carnegie Institute (“CMOA” or “Sponsor”), 4400 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213.
- Description of the contest: CMOA is inviting individuals to submit images and/or video of their cat to be given the title of “Real Art Cat”. The Real Art Cat will be part of the Caturday activities on Saturday, August 18, 2018 at CMOA that will be celebrating the CMOA children’s mascot, Art Cat.
- How to enter and deadline for entry: To enter, Participants must submit the following (collectively referred to as “Submission):
- Contact information: Name of Participant; Participant’s contact information, including address, telephone number and email address; and the name of the cat (owned by Participant) Participant wishes to be considered for the title of Real Art Cat
- Media: At least one image of cat. Video is optional.
- Description: A short description of why Participant’s cat should be given the title of Real Art Cat
Only one (1) Submission and one (1) cat will be permitted per Participant. All Submissions should be sent via the online form found at cmoa.org/caturday. The deadline for entry is Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 5 PM. An e-mail confirming the Submission will be sent following the online entry of the Submission form.
- Additional rules relating to the submission. Participant hereby grants to Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees and assigns, an irrevocable, perpetual and royalty-free right and license to use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish or otherwise make use of the Submission, including all parts thereof, in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter created, throughout the world and for any purpose. Participant hereby represents and warrants that the Submission does not infringe on any patent, trademark, copyright or other right of any third party, and that Participant has the right to grant any and all rights and licenses granted herein, including, but not limited to, all necessary rights under copyright, free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
- Selection of the potential and grand prize winner. The potential prize winner(s) and grand prize winner will be selected in the following manner:
- A committee from CMOA will review the Submissions and select the potential prize winners (“Potential Prize Winners”) based on originality of Participant’s submitted images, optional video and description.
- The Judges will select up to three (3) Potential Prize Winners, depending on the number of Submissions and the number that satisfy the criteria described above.
- Participants will be notified by e-mail on or about August 3, 2018 whether their Submission has been selected as a Potential Prize Winner.
- A Phone and/or in-person interview with the Potential Prize Winners may be scheduled to assist the Judges in choosing the Grand Prize Winner if the Judges believe it is necessary is their sole discretion. A Grand Prize Winner will be selected by CMOA and notified by email on Monday, August 6, 2018.
- Description of the Grand Prize /Requirements of Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize Winner shall be awarded a family membership to the Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh (value: $150), a prize bag from the CMOA store (value: approx. $50), and Participant’s cat shall be given the title of “Real Art Cat.”
As an express condition of receipt of this Grand Prize, Participant understands and agrees that Participant and his/her winning “Real Art Cat” will appear at CMOA on Saturday, August 18, 2018, at a to be determined time that will be sometime between the hours of 12 PM and 4 PM on that date. Participant and his/her winning Real Art Cat will be available for photo opportunities and meet and greets at that designated time.
- General stipend and grand prize winner(s) conditions. The Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection/verification of the Potential Prize Winners and the Grand Prize Winner is final and binding. The Potential Prize Winners and Grand Prize Winner will be subject to Sponsor’s verification that they have met all of the eligibility and other requirements to participate in the Contest. If it is determined that the Grand Prize Winner has not met all the eligibility and other requirements for the Contest, the Grand Prize Winner agrees to forfeit the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize Winner must execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Publicity Release and a Liability Release (collectively, “Prize Claim Documents) in order to receive the Grand Prize.
- Release. By participating in the Real Art Cat Contest, each Participant releases and holds harmless the Sponsor, its officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any liability, claims, loss, injuries, damage, or causes of action of any kind which may occur or be sustained directly or indirectly out of or relating to participation in the Contest or receipt, acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize, whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Released Parties. The Released Parties are not responsible if the Contest cannot occur or if the Grand Prize cannot be awarded due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
- Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes Participant’s, Potential Prize Winners’ and Grand Prize Winner’s irrevocable consent to Sponsor and its agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, designees and assigns to use the name of the Participant, Potential Prize Winners and Grand Prize Winner(s), their likeness and image (e.g., photographs, videos, etc.), statements and/or voice, and in the case of the Grand Prize Winner, to use his/her cat’s name, likeness and image (e.g., photographs, videos, etc.), statements and/or voice, for educational, promotional and/or commercial purposes in any and all media now known or later developed, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- General Conditions. By entering the Contest, Participant affirms that Participant has read, understands and has accepted these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that the integrity, administration, or fairness of the Contest has been impaired or corrupted for whatever reason. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Participant found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Any attempt by any Participant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such Participant to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision or any other provision herein.
- Limitation of liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Participants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the submission process for the Contest; (3) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (4) any losses or damages to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Participant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of the prizes; or (5) any lost, late, stolen, ineligible, undelivered, delayed or misdirected Submissions of any kind.
- Disputes. Except where prohibited, Participant agrees that: (1) Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or the prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and Jurisdiction and venue over any such disputes, claims and causes of action shall exist exclusively in the state courts located in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, and shall be subject to the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania without regard to choice of law principles; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs associated with participating in the Contest, but in no event shall include any other costs or attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses.