The Carnegie Museum of Art offers a variety of rewarding opportunities to support the museum as a volunteer, whether you are a student or a retired professional. The museum’s volunteer program is diverse and flexible, ranging from one-time special events to research for curators, and help with various projects and programs.
- Free admission to the four Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh
- Discounts for parking, classes, food services, and gift shop merchandise
- Regularly scheduled enrichment programs that include lectures and conversations with the museum’s curatorial and research staff
- Invitations to receptions and special events
- Work experience and letters of recommendation
To learn more, visit volunteer or intern with art.
The dedicated corps of well-trained volunteer docents continues to be one of the Carnegie Museum of Art’s most valuable resources. Docents lead thousands of visitors through the galleries each year, inspiring visitors of all ages with their insight into the works of art in the permanent collection and special exhibitions. To learn more, visit docent program.