Thrival Innovation Marquee Event
$15 (Festival Passes Available)
Thrival Innovation, an annual event featuring multiple days of immersive, innovation-focused programming, concludes with a one-night-only event at Carnegie Museum of Art to recognize Pittsburgh’s unique and evolving role within the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
With a focus on interactivity and AI, this marquee event will celebrate the work of world-renowned artist and technologist, Ian Cheng, while featuring more than 20 technology demonstrations, art presentations, and keynote talks from thought leaders shaping the world around us.
Schedule of Activities
Interpretation: AI-Inspired Exhibits, Demos, and Art Presentations
- CMOA's Forum Show: Ian Cheng
- CMOA's 20/20: The Studio Museum in Harlem and Carnegie Museum of Art
- Hall of Architecture Artists: Ian Brill, Jeremy Boyle, and Francisco Souki
- Hall of Sculpture Artists: Astrobotic, Frederik De Wilde, Lori Hepner, Golan Levin, Kyle McDonald, Moon Ark, Cris Orfesco, Christine Sugrue, and Benjamin Snell
- Grand Staircase Living Room: CEEMI (Collaborative Experiential Electronic Musical Instrument)
- Music Hall Foyer Exhibitors/Artists: AlphaLab, AlphaLab Gear, Ascender, Bombyx Collective, CREATE Pittsburgh, Idea Foundry, University of Pittsburgh Innovation Institute, UPMC Health Plan, and XPRIZE
Pathfinding: Four Talks on the Future
Hosted by John Battelle, co-founder of NewCo and founding editor of WIRED
- "The Nature of Things"
Mickey McManus, Senior Advisor - Boston Consulting Group; Former President, Chief Executive Officer, & Chairman of MAYA Design
- "Facts & Fake News"
Joel Lunenfeld, Vice President of Global Brand Strategy, Twitter
Jordon Rooney, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Never Fear Being Different (NFBD)
Jory Des Jardins, Co-Founder & President Emeritus, BlogHer
- "Dr. Robot"
Aneesh Chopra, Chief Executive Officer, CareJourney; 1st U.S. Chief Technology Officer
Rasu Shrestha, Chief Innovation Officer, UPMC
Katie Jacobs Stanton, Chief Marketing Officer, Color Genomics
- "High Road"
Wiz Khalifa, Founder, Taylor Gang
Marc Ruxin, Chief Executive Officer, Landseye, Privateer
This event is co-presented by UPMC Enterprises and PNC Bank.