Carnegie Museum of Art
$40 (Members: $32, Students: $25)
Treat yourself to a full day of self-care at the museum. We’ll be activating our inspiring spaces for mindfulness and movement opportunities.
- 9:30 a.m.–2 p.m.: Self-led meditation in the museum.
- 10–10:45 a.m.: Generate Indoor Stationary Cycling with The Wheel Mill (external link): The harder you pedal, the more electricity you create! This class is appropriate for all levels. Please register for this class (external link); space for each time slot is limited to 10 students.
- 10–11 a.m.:
- Healing Sound Bath with Brooke Smokelin (external link): Experience the healing vibrations from crystal bowls while seated in comfort in the beautiful Music Hall.
- P3R (external link) Architectural Running Tour: Discover the history of Oakland's architecture during this 2-mile running tour led by Alyssum Skjeie, our architecture program manager.
- 11–11:30 a.m.:
- Reflective Journaling: Slow down and reflect as Laurnie Wilson (external link) guides you in a creative journaling practice in our galleries. Please bring your own journal.
- Labyrinth Walking Meditation: Walk a colorful labyrinth in the Hall of Architecture and discover your inner self through a meditation led by Dorit Brauer (external link).
- 11 a.m.–2 p.m.: Health vendors in the Sculpture Courtyard, featuring: Ascend (external link), Clean Juice (external link), East End Food Co-op (external link), P3R (external link), Verve 360 (external link), and Xpogo (external link).
- 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.:
- Barre Class with Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre (external link): Challenge yourself with a whole-body workout that combines the principles of ballet, strength-training, and sculpting exercises in the Music Hall. Participants can be barefoot or wear sticky socks or ballet slippers. Please bring a yoga mat.
- Yoga with 1.1 Yoga (external link): Move and stretch in a flow-based class in the Hall of Sculpture. Please bring a mat.
- Healthy Ride PGH (external link) Public Art Tour: Discover the public art in Oakland during this relaxing bike ride!
- noon–12:30 p.m.: Labyrinth Walking Meditation with Dorit Brauer (external link).
- 12:30–1 p.m.: Reflective Journaling with Laurnie Wilson (external link).
- 1–1:45 p.m.: Generate Indoor Stationary Cycling with The Wheel Mill (external link). Please register for this class (external link).
- 1–2 p.m.:
- Yin Yoga with Live Piano: Relax to the soothing sounds of live piano music from classically trained pianist and certified yoga teacher Lydia Kilian as you stretch and release the body through this gentle class. Poses are held for 3–5 minutes with the intention of using music as a meditation tool. This class takes place in the Music Hall.
- Pilates with Verve 360 (external link): Develop body awareness, good posture, flexibility, and range of motion with this Pilates session in the Hall of Sculpture. Please bring a yoga mat.