Photography: Picturing My World
$45 (Member: $35)
Artists and photographers use various styles and techniques to work out their own ideas about what they see and think about the world around them. This program gives you creative strategies to express yourself in the pictures you take with your smart phone or camera. In this series of exploratory exercises and a final project, you'll work up to combining your favorite photographs in a triptych, or 3-part display. Have fun as you try out new ways of observing and visualizing your world.
- Learn playful ways to alter your pictures by adding text and drawings to your black and white photographs
- Try out techniques for using lighting and composition for creative approaches to objects you arrange into a still life
- Make landscapes and alter them by taking unexpected points of view
- See examples of imaginative photographs in our collection to inspire your creative experimentation
- Your favorite camera device (smart phone, iPad, or camera)
- Regular paper
- A black and white printer
- Colored pencils or markers
- A glue stick
Classes are available starting July 27. Work through the video lessons and create your final artwork in time for a live Zoom session with the teacher and your classmates on Wednesday, Aug 19, from 2-3 p.m.
About Online Art Classes
Join a friendly teaching artist for an engaging series of on-demand online lessons, intended for young learners in elementary, middle, and high school. These video-based classes use our inspiring collection to teach problem solving, art making techniques, and creative self-expression. Sign up for the class and receive access to three mini lessons and instructions for a culminating project. Then, join your teacher and classmates for a live Zoom session to share your original artwork!